Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's official -- we have an RV!!!

We really are going on this road trip.  I think I'm still in denial, or maybe it's shock.  I was starting to question if this adventure was going to happen, at least in the way we'd planned.  Craig, always with the "can do" attitude, was sure we'd find an RV.  I was sure things would work out for the best, but I was preparing myself that maybe "for the best" wasn't what I'd originally imagined. Remember -- Let Go or Be Dragged.

I drove our new (only to us, it's a '94) RV up from Salt Lake this afternoon. The experience was much better than expected, though I was very tentative at first.  I'm hoping my trepidation about driving it lasts long enough to cure me of my lead foot tendencies, and makes me a more observant driver.  I'm worried I'll forget I cannot make tight turns or drive under low hanging objects.


Here it is -- taken last week when we first arrived.  The first of many, I expect.

We bought the RV from a lovely gal in Salt Lake who assured me if she could drive it, so could I. That was very comforting.  Really.  She's this petite little thing; I figured if she liked driving it, I'll be ok.

Park City is normally about a 7 hour drive to Avon, and that's when I'm by myself, in a zippy vehicle. The RV was doing 65 mph up the pass to my sister's house, but I think that's about as fast as I want to go.  Garvin and me for over 400 miles, with just a radio.  No iPod hookup, no CD's.  I'm excited -- can't wait to see what his reaction is!

A week ago tonight, Erin and Dave showed us RV, with Robin Williams.  If you haven't seen it, and you're ok with fairly predictable humor, it's a hoot.  Or maybe it's just funny because that could very well be us.  I hope not.  This afternoon I kept looking out Erin's window to make sure our new purchase hadn't rolled down the street.  Thankfully, it's now parked on a level driveway next door.


We're sad to leave.  We've had a truly wonderful week with my sister and her family.  Wednesday we had a great time at Park City's fun zone.  Zip line, alpine coaster, alpine slide -- much screaming and carrying on -- even the kids.  Thank you so much Erin, Dave, Ellie, Ben, Eric, Phoebe, Caroline, and baby Kevin!




No comments:

Post a Comment